Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
Cheap state park tram tours, six days a week
Posted Jan 22, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 23, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Get deep in the heart of the Florida wilderness, without breaking a sweat.
Highlands Hammock State Park is now offering tram tours six days a week in Sebring.
The tours take about an hour and are narrated. The tours venture into the remote areas where you may see alligators, turtles, native wading birds and more.
Trams are scheduled at 1 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, with additional 2:30 p.m. departures on Saturday and Sunday.
Tour fees are just $5 for adults and $3 for children ages 6 - 12. Admission to the park is $6 per vehicle for up to eight people. Single occupant vehicles pay just $4.
Highlands Hammock State Park is located at 5931 Hammock Road, Sebring, about two hours southeast of Tampa.