Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Cheap nature tram tours in St. Pete
Posted Jul 11, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Take a Florida nature tour, without breaking the bank or a sweat.
Boyd Hill Nature Preserve, located in St. Petersburg, offers daily tram tours for just $2.
Admission to the park is $3 for adults and $1.50 for children ages 3 - 16. Children under 3 are admitted free.
Tours depart daily at 1 p.m. On Saturdays there are two tours, at 10 a.m and 1 p.m.
Florida ecosystems along the tour include hardwood hammocks, sand pine scrub, pine flatwoods, willow marsh and more.
Boys Hill Nature Preserve is located at 1101 Country Club Way S., St. Petersburg.
For more information, visit http://www.stpeteparksrec.org/boyd-hill-nature-preserve.html