Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
Cheap haunted Halloween fun
Posted Oct 18, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM
If you’re looking for ways to get your shriek on without spending the big theme park bucks, we have two events to share.
On Friday and Saturday evenings, Oct. 19, 20, 26 and 27 you can take a “Haunted Jail Tour” at the old Polk County jail, located at 455 North Broadway in Bartow.
For a suggested donation of $5, guests will be taken on a 30-minute long tour of the jail. Tours will run from 6 to 11 p.m.
Concessions will be available to purchase on site.
For more information about the haunted jail tours, call at (863) 287-9128.
If spooky woods are more your thing, we dare you to hike the “Trail of Terror” at the Hillsborough River State Park.
The trail is open Friday (Oct. 20) and Saturday (Oct. 21) from 6 to 10 p.m. and costs $5 per person.
The Hillsborough River State Park is located at 15402 U.S. 301 in Thonotosassa.
For more information call (813) 987-6771.