Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Cheap haunted Halloween fun
Posted Oct 18, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM
If you’re looking for ways to get your shriek on without spending the big theme park bucks, we have two events to share.
On Friday and Saturday evenings, Oct. 19, 20, 26 and 27 you can take a “Haunted Jail Tour” at the old Polk County jail, located at 455 North Broadway in Bartow.
For a suggested donation of $5, guests will be taken on a 30-minute long tour of the jail. Tours will run from 6 to 11 p.m.
Concessions will be available to purchase on site.
For more information about the haunted jail tours, call at (863) 287-9128.
If spooky woods are more your thing, we dare you to hike the “Trail of Terror” at the Hillsborough River State Park.
The trail is open Friday (Oct. 20) and Saturday (Oct. 21) from 6 to 10 p.m. and costs $5 per person.
The Hillsborough River State Park is located at 15402 U.S. 301 in Thonotosassa.
For more information call (813) 987-6771.