Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Celebrate opening of Tun-Du-Ree with free exotic tastes
Posted Jan 31, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 31, 2013 at 01:25 PM
Downtown Tampa will celebrate the grand opening of a new restaurant on Friday with samples of Indian favorites.
Indian cuisine restaurant Tun-Du-Ree will celebrate its official grand opening at 511 N. Franklin St. beginning at 1:30 p.m.
There will be a ribbon cutting and a lighting of the lantern ceremony - an Indian tradition signaling the opening of a new business - thought to bring prosperity and happiness.
Complimentary Indian rice and mango smoothies will be served.