Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
Posted Dec 13, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 13, 2013 at 02:13 PM
Step back in time this weekend and celebrate Christmas the good old-fashioned way.
Bring the family on a hay ride with Santa Claus and enjoy live music, seasonal treats, kids’ games, living historical museum from the late 1800’s and more from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on Saturday at the Pinellas Pioneer Settlement.
Admission is free, but visitors are encouraged to donate a non-perishable food item or new, unwrapped toy for a local food bank.
Pinellas Pioneer Settlement is located at 3130 31st St. S., St. Petersburg.
Visit http://www.stpeteparksrec.org/boyd-hill.htm for more information