Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Carrollwood Whole Foods hosts free Earth Day bash
Posted Apr 12, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 12, 2013 at 11:21 AM
The Carrollwood Whole Foods location will be hosting a free Earth Day bash on Saturday, Apr. 20.
Educational activities for the whole family are planned including: Kid’s Club: Bring your own cardboard egg carton to create a seed starter garden (12 - 2 p.m.); Earth Day Gardening Class: Grow Your Own Herb Garden (3:30 p.m.) $5, registration required; “Gimme 5 Recycling Drive:” drop off anything with the #5 stamped on the bottom and Recycled Art Contest: Enter through Sunday, Apr. 14. Art will be showcased on Saturday, Apr. 20.
The Whole Foods market is located at 3802 Northdale Blvd., Tampa. For more information, visit their site at www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/carrollwood.