Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Camp one night, get one free
Posted Apr 24, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Families wanting to get away for a weekend needn’t spend a bundle. Camping can be an inexpensive way to spend time together.
And next month, it will be just a little bit cheaper if you spend the night with KOA.
KOA campgrounds are sponsoring “Come Kamp and Kare” the weekend of May 11 and 12. When you stay as a paying guest at a participating KOA on Friday, May 11, your Saturday, May 12 stay at that campground is absolutely free.
Participating campgrounds in Florida include Madeira Beach, Marco Island, Fort Myers, Daytona, several in Orlando and more.
The program is a fundraiser to support the company’s KOA Care Camps program for kids with cancer.