Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Camp one night, get one free
Posted Apr 24, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM
Families wanting to get away for a weekend needn’t spend a bundle. Camping can be an inexpensive way to spend time together.
And next month, it will be just a little bit cheaper if you spend the night with KOA.
KOA campgrounds are sponsoring “Come Kamp and Kare” the weekend of May 11 and 12. When you stay as a paying guest at a participating KOA on Friday, May 11, your Saturday, May 12 stay at that campground is absolutely free.
Participating campgrounds in Florida include Madeira Beach, Marco Island, Fort Myers, Daytona, several in Orlando and more.
The program is a fundraiser to support the company’s KOA Care Camps program for kids with cancer.