Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
Posted May 23, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Stock up for summer reading or expand your library of old, rare or collectible books with these upcoming book sales.
Old Tampa Book Company, located at 507 N. Tampa St., in downtown Tampa will be having a week-long half price sale beginning June 1.
All books priced under $100 will be on sale for half-off and items listed at over $100 will be negotiable.
The sale will last through Saturday, June 8.
For more information about Old Tampa Book Company, visit their website at http://oldtampabookcompany.com/
Also, The Friends of the Safety Harbor Public Library will be holding a book sale on Saturday, June 22 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
All genres of books will be available and most items cost only $2.
The library is located at 101 2nd Street N., Safety Harbor.