Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
BOGO camping at Turtle Beach for Sarasota Residents
Posted Aug 7, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Sarasota County residents can now stay two consecutive nights for the price of one at Turtle Beach Campground on Siesta Key. The BOGO offer runs through Friday, Aug. 31, and provides local residents the opportunity to enjoy camping on the Gulf of Mexico. Guests must show proof of Sarasota residency and stay two consecutive nights on the same campsite.
Turtle Beach Campground is a 14-acre park and can accommodate recreational vehicles with full hookups and tent campers, and offers amenities like free cable TV, Wi-Fi, laundry, playground, volleyball court, restrooms and shower facilities.
Camp site rates start at $32 a day.
For more information and to make reservations, contact the Turtle Beach Campground at (941) 349-3839 or visit the Turtle Beach Campground website.
Turtle Beach is located at 8918 Midnight Pass Road on Siesta Key.