Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
BOGO camping at Turtle Beach for Sarasota Residents
Posted Aug 7, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 9, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Sarasota County residents can now stay two consecutive nights for the price of one at Turtle Beach Campground on Siesta Key. The BOGO offer runs through Friday, Aug. 31, and provides local residents the opportunity to enjoy camping on the Gulf of Mexico. Guests must show proof of Sarasota residency and stay two consecutive nights on the same campsite.
Turtle Beach Campground is a 14-acre park and can accommodate recreational vehicles with full hookups and tent campers, and offers amenities like free cable TV, Wi-Fi, laundry, playground, volleyball court, restrooms and shower facilities.
Camp site rates start at $32 a day.
For more information and to make reservations, contact the Turtle Beach Campground at (941) 349-3839 or visit the Turtle Beach Campground website.
Turtle Beach is located at 8918 Midnight Pass Road on Siesta Key.