Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
BOA cardholders treated to free museum admission this weekend
Posted Sep 4, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 4, 2013 at 01:15 PM
Summer is officially over, but the stifling heat and humidity are not. Take shelter from the sun and get some culture this weekend for free.
Bank of America and Merrill Lynch customers just need to show their bank-issued credit or debit card and photo ID
to receive free general admission to area museums on Saturday, Sept. 7 and Sunday, Sept. 8. The offer is not good on special ticketed events or in conjunction with other offers and is only valid for the cardholder.
The program, called Museums on Us, offers free admission to about 150 museums nationwide on the first full weekend of every month.
The locally participating museums are the Florida Holocaust Museum, Museum of Fine Arts in St. Petersburg and Tampa Museum of Art.
If you are willing to drive as far as Orlando, there are several more options you can try including the Orlando Science Center, The Orlando Museum of Art, The Mennello Museum of American Art and more.
Contact the museums to inquire about operating hours and days.
For more information about Museums on Us, visit: http://museums.bankofamerica.com.