Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Blood drives offer rewards from Chick-fil-A
Posted Oct 9, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 9, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Some Tampa Bay area Chick-fil-A restaurants are hosting a fall blood drive to save lives.
On Saturday, Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. several Bay area locations will host Bloodmobiles to gather donations on-site. To see a list http://www.oneblood.org/promotions/202661-Chick-fil-A-Blood-Drive-Tampa-Bay-Area.stml.
All participating donors will receive a coupon for free breakfast Chick-n-Minis and a coupon for a free Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, plus a limited edition Halloween themed t-shirt and a wellness check up including a cholesterol screening.
Generally, healthy people age 16 or older who weigh at least 110 pounds can donate blood.
For more information about donating blood, center locations and hours, go to http://www.oneblood.org.