Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
Blood drives offer rewards from Chick-fil-A
Posted Oct 9, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 9, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Some Tampa Bay area Chick-fil-A restaurants are hosting a fall blood drive to save lives.
On Saturday, Oct. 12 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. several Bay area locations will host Bloodmobiles to gather donations on-site. To see a list http://www.oneblood.org/promotions/202661-Chick-fil-A-Blood-Drive-Tampa-Bay-Area.stml.
All participating donors will receive a coupon for free breakfast Chick-n-Minis and a coupon for a free Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich, plus a limited edition Halloween themed t-shirt and a wellness check up including a cholesterol screening.
Generally, healthy people age 16 or older who weigh at least 110 pounds can donate blood.
For more information about donating blood, center locations and hours, go to http://www.oneblood.org.