Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Blood donations garner rewards
Posted Jun 4, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 5, 2012 at 12:29 PM
For those of you willing and able to donate blood, there are often rewards above and beyond saving lives.
On Monday (June 11) and June 18, when you donate blood at participating Wal-Mart locations (there’ll be a Bloodmobile in the parking lot) you are eligible to receive a $10 Wal-Mart gift card.
Donations will be accepted between 11:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Be sure to check that your favorite location is participating.
Also, on June 23, Sweetbay Supermarkets is sponsoring a blood drive and donors will be given a voucher good for one Rays ticket to selected games.
For information on this giveaway, visit the FBS website.
All donors also receive wellness checks including blood pressure and cholesterol levels.