Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Ben & Jerry’s truck rolling into Tampa with free treats
Posted May 1, 2013 by Clarisa Gerlach
Updated May 1, 2013 at 04:14 PM
The Ben & Jerry’s “scoop truck” will be touring Tampa this month, delivering free scoops of Greek frozen yogurt around the city.
The truck, which just wrapped up a month in Miami, will be taking recommendations on the Twitter account @BenJerrysTruck, to decide which local businesses, non-profit organizations and community gatherings it will be stopping at, a news release said.
The truck will be serving up free samples of Ben & Jerry’s Liz Lemon, Raspberry Fudge Chunk and Banana Peanut Butter yogurt flavors.
The truck will be in Tampa through May 24, before continuing its tour up the east coast to Washington D.C., New York, Hartford and Boston.