Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
Ben & Jerry’s truck rolling into Tampa with free treats
Posted May 1, 2013 by Clarisa Gerlach
Updated May 1, 2013 at 04:14 PM
The Ben & Jerry’s “scoop truck” will be touring Tampa this month, delivering free scoops of Greek frozen yogurt around the city.
The truck, which just wrapped up a month in Miami, will be taking recommendations on the Twitter account @BenJerrysTruck, to decide which local businesses, non-profit organizations and community gatherings it will be stopping at, a news release said.
The truck will be serving up free samples of Ben & Jerry’s Liz Lemon, Raspberry Fudge Chunk and Banana Peanut Butter yogurt flavors.
The truck will be in Tampa through May 24, before continuing its tour up the east coast to Washington D.C., New York, Hartford and Boston.