Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Beat the heat after 2 p.m. with discounted MOSI admission
Posted Jul 9, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 9, 2013 at 10:15 AM
It’s either blazing hot or pouring rain these days.
Outsmart both of these weather scenarios by immersing yourself in the air-conditioned comfort of more than 450 hands-on exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry.
Start your visit after 2 p.m. and you can even save half off the regular admission price.
For a limited time, MOSI is offering half-off general admission after 2 p.m. daily. The ticket include access to MOSI permanent exhibits and one standard IMAX film.
The museum is open until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
No other discounts or coupons may be combined with the offer and it may not be redeemed for cash or previous purchases.
Access to “Sea Monsters Revealed,” special engagement films, special events, Sky Trail Ropes Course and Zip Line will incur an additional charge for those wishing to add those extras to their visit.
Regular admission, before the after 2 p.m. discount is $21.95 for adults ages 13 - 59, $19.95 for seniors 60+ and $17.95 for kids ages 2 -12.
The Museum of Science and Industry is located at 4801 E. Fowler Ave., Tampa.
For more information, visit http://www.mosi.org/.