Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Back to School Fair offers giveaways, goodies, games
Posted Jul 31, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 31, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Celebrate one last hurrah before the grinding tedium of the school year kicks back into gear at the 2013 Back To School Fair.
On Saturday, Aug. 10 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. kids and parents can gather at the Glazer Children’s Museum for live entertainment, games, workshops, arts and crafts, face painting, giveaways and more.
The first 150 kids in attendance will be treated to a free goodie bag filled with back to school swag, while supplies last.
During the event, admission to the museum is reduced to just $5 per person. Regular admission to the museum is $9.50 for kids and $15 for adults. Museum members are admitted free.
For more information about the event and to see the complete list of vendors and exhibitors, visit http://backtoschoolfair.com.
The Glazer Children’s Museum is located at 110 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa.
For more information about the Glazer Children’s Museum, visit http://glazermuseum.org/.