Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Back to school fair includes discounted museum admission
Posted Jul 25, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Before you know it, the kids will be back in school.
Whether they are excited at the prospect of that or not, maybe a visit to the Back To School Fair will get them fired up.
The fair takes place on Saturday, August 11 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Glazer Children’s Museum, 110 W. Gasparilla Plz. in downtown Tampa.
It features live entertainment, informational speakers, vendors, karaoke, games, crafts, face painting, balloon artist, workshops, prizes, giveaways and more.
Admission for the event is only $5 and includes access to all areas of the museum, as well.
Regular admission to the children’s museum is $15 for adults and $9.50 for kids.
The first 150 kids will get a goodie bag filled with school supplies.