Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Back to school fair includes discounted museum admission
Posted Jul 25, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 25, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Before you know it, the kids will be back in school.
Whether they are excited at the prospect of that or not, maybe a visit to the Back To School Fair will get them fired up.
The fair takes place on Saturday, August 11 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at the Glazer Children’s Museum, 110 W. Gasparilla Plz. in downtown Tampa.
It features live entertainment, informational speakers, vendors, karaoke, games, crafts, face painting, balloon artist, workshops, prizes, giveaways and more.
Admission for the event is only $5 and includes access to all areas of the museum, as well.
Regular admission to the children’s museum is $15 for adults and $9.50 for kids.
The first 150 kids will get a goodie bag filled with school supplies.