Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Armed Forces Museum offers “Dog Days” discount
Posted Aug 8, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 9, 2012 at 10:54 AM
For parents looking to cram some last minute fun for their kids into the waning summer days, here’s an option.
The Armed Forces History Museum in Largo is offering a “Dog Days of Summer” promotion with freebies and huge discounts.
Just visit the museum on any Sunday in August between noon and 4 p.m. and get a free hot dog and free set of authentic dog tags.
Admission is discounted to just $10 for adults and $5 for kids ages 4 - 12.
The regular admission is $17.95 for adults and $12.95 for kids.
The museum displays include items from World War I, World War II, The Korean War, The Vietnam War and modern day aircraft.
The Armed Forces History Museum is located at 2050 34th Way North in Largo.