Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
April Fool’s Day blood donors treated to freebies, no joke!
Posted Mar 29, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 1, 2013 at 09:17 AM
It’s no joke, donate blood on April Fool’s Day and you’ll be treated to a free t-shirt and Chick-fil-A coupons, plus you’ll be entered to win some Rays tickets with a bonus tailgate pack from Chick-fil-A.
On Monday, April 1, at select Chick-fil-A locations, Florida Blood Services will be accepting blood donations on-site with their bloodmobile.
The locations span Pinellas, Hillsborough, Manatee and Polk counties and the donation drive takes place between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Blood donors must be at least 16 years old, in good health and weigh at least 110 lbs.
For a complete list of participating locations, visit http://www.fbsblood.org/html/promos/Chick.aspx