Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
April Fool’s Day blood donors treated to freebies, no joke!
Posted Mar 29, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 1, 2013 at 09:17 AM
It’s no joke, donate blood on April Fool’s Day and you’ll be treated to a free t-shirt and Chick-fil-A coupons, plus you’ll be entered to win some Rays tickets with a bonus tailgate pack from Chick-fil-A.
On Monday, April 1, at select Chick-fil-A locations, Florida Blood Services will be accepting blood donations on-site with their bloodmobile.
The locations span Pinellas, Hillsborough, Manatee and Polk counties and the donation drive takes place between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Blood donors must be at least 16 years old, in good health and weigh at least 110 lbs.
For a complete list of participating locations, visit http://www.fbsblood.org/html/promos/Chick.aspx