Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Annual event at Florida Pioneer Museum is cheap family fun
Posted Aug 26, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 26, 2013 at 09:13 AM
Explore Florida’s pioneer heritage this weekend at the Florida Pioneer Museum’s annual Workingman’s Holiday.
The annual Labor Day weekend event celebrates the opening of the museum’s grounds in Dade City in 1975.
Visitors can learn about life during the 1800s on Saturday, Aug. 31 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. by touring the museum buildings and grounds.
Admission is only $6 for adults and free for children ages 12 and younger.
Festivities include Seminole War re-enactments, old-fashioned games, live music, fish fry, crafts and more.
Parking is free. Pets and coolers are not permitted on the museum’s grounds.
The Pioneer Florida Museum is located at 15602 Pioneer Museum Rd., Dade City.
For more information, visit http://www.pioneerfloridamuseum.org/