Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Adopt a pet, get tickets to Busch Gardens
Posted Feb 28, 2013 by Tribune staff
Updated Mar 1, 2013 at 09:33 AM
Busch Gardens and the Humane Society of Tampa Bay are teaming up to reward people who adopt pets with a day at a theme park.
Under the “Busch Gardens Happy Tails” program, the park will provide two single-day admission tickets to people who adopt a dog or cat from the Humane Society’s Tampa shelter. The program began today.
“Our goal with the Happy Tails program is to encourage the adoption of these great animals that need a loving home,” said Busch Gardens’ curator Rob Yordi. “We are pleased to work with organizations like the Humane Society of Tampa Bay since they are so dedicated to the well-being of animals in the Bay area community.”
The program has been successful in leading to adoptions in areas near other SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment parks, such as SeaWorld Orlando, SeaWorld San Antonio, SeaWorld San Diego and Busch Gardens Williamsburg.
The tickets are valid for a single-day admission to the theme park and are valid for one year from the pet adoption date. Tickets will be printed onsite at the participating shelter. Information about the program can be found at buschgardens.com/happytailstampa.