Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
A couple of freebies from IKEA
Posted May 15, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 15, 2012 at 09:51 AM
As part of the “National Random Acts of Life Improvement” campaign, IKEA will be helping people prepare for Memorial Day weekend by giving away free IKEA reusable blue bags.
Locally, IKEA Tampa will be handing out the free bags at Clearwater Beach and Johns Pass on Thursday, May 24 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The bags will be given away while supplies last.
For more information on the giveaway - including location and timing, follow the local IKEA store on Twitterhandle at @IKEA_Tampa
Also upcoming at IKEA is another free Tampa Kids’ Academy event.
The Kids’ Academy features free activity, free meal and free IKEA Tampa Kids’ Academy t-shirt for kids under 12 years old who attend.
Activities last 20 minutes and start at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m., 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
This session of the Kids’ Academy takes place on Monday, May 28, and features a Memorial Day make-your-own-flag craft.