Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
$6 day coming Sunday to Lowry Park Zoo
Posted Jul 15, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 16, 2013 at 09:14 AM
Fans of cute and cuddly-looking baby animals may want to make plans to visit Lowry Park Zoo on Sunday. A recently-born Indian rhino, okapi, elephant and hippo are all now on display.
These “zoo-borns” are just a few of the of the animals you can see at the latest $6 day at the popular attraction.
Admission is just $6 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, July 21.
That’s a considerable discount from the usual admission price of $24.95 for adults and $19.95 for kids ages 3 and up.
Free extra parking is available on $6 day only next to the Tampa Greyhound Track, located at 8300 N Nebraska Ave. Shuttles will run continuously from that lot between 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Please note: due to this special discount, zoo rides are not included with admission on $6 Day.
Lowry Park Zoo is located at 1101 W Sligh Ave., Tampa.
For more information about Lowry Park Zoo, visit their website at http://www.lowryparkzoo.com/.