Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
$5 day at Lowry Park Zoo
Posted Sep 10, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM
The weather cooled off just the slightest, tiny bit this weekend.
Seems like a great time to visit the zoo again!
On Sunday (Sept. 16) everyone can visit Lowry Park Zoo for just $5 a person. Zoo rides are not included in the special admission price. Children 2 and younger are always free.
The zoo is open on that day from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Because of high demand on these discount days, free extra parking is available next to the Tampa Greyhound Track. Free shuttles will run continuously from that lot to the zoo between 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
To reach the Tampa Greyhound Track parking lot, from I-275, take Exit 49 to Bird Street and go one block East. Park in indicated areas.