Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
$5 day at the zoo coming soon
Posted Jan 24, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Mark your calendar for another $5 day at the zoo!
Lowry Park Zoo is offering $5 admission on Sunday, Feb. 19. Children ages 2 and under are admitted free.
The zoo is open from 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Because of the high demand for admission on this day, free extra parking is available next to the Tampa Greyhound Track. Free shuttles will run continuously from that lot to the zoo between 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. To reach the parking lot, take I-275 to Exit 49 to Bird Street and go one block east. Park in the indicated areas.