Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
$5 day at the zoo coming soon
Posted Jan 24, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 24, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Mark your calendar for another $5 day at the zoo!
Lowry Park Zoo is offering $5 admission on Sunday, Feb. 19. Children ages 2 and under are admitted free.
The zoo is open from 9:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Because of the high demand for admission on this day, free extra parking is available next to the Tampa Greyhound Track. Free shuttles will run continuously from that lot to the zoo between 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. To reach the parking lot, take I-275 to Exit 49 to Bird Street and go one block east. Park in the indicated areas.