Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
- Hearing aid battery giveaway scheduled
- Free sample roundup
- Join the zoo, get a free family meal
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
$5 day at MOSI on Saturday
Posted Oct 30, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 31, 2012 at 03:35 PM
On Saturday (Nov. 3), the Museum of Science and Industry will have another $5 admission day.
What makes this $5 day special is that it is in conjunction with the grand re-opening of the creative studio and learning lab, Idea Zone.
Idea Zone is both a laboratory/inventor’s studio that allows guests to give life to their own creative ideas. Aspiring inventors can learn new skills in one of MOSI’s fun technology workshops or designing machines.
Interactive activities and take-home projects will be scheduled in Idea Zone throughout the day.
In addition to visiting Idea Zone, visitors can access MOSI exhibit galleries, including more than 450 hands-on exhibits. Admission also includes the IMAX Dome Theatre Film “To The Arctic” and the exhibition “Target America – Opening Eyes to the Damage Drugs Cause.”
MOSI is located at 4801 East Fowler Ave. in Tampa and will be open on $5 day from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
For more information, visit mosi.org.