Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
$5 day at MOSI on Saturday
Posted Oct 30, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 31, 2012 at 03:35 PM
On Saturday (Nov. 3), the Museum of Science and Industry will have another $5 admission day.
What makes this $5 day special is that it is in conjunction with the grand re-opening of the creative studio and learning lab, Idea Zone.
Idea Zone is both a laboratory/inventor’s studio that allows guests to give life to their own creative ideas. Aspiring inventors can learn new skills in one of MOSI’s fun technology workshops or designing machines.
Interactive activities and take-home projects will be scheduled in Idea Zone throughout the day.
In addition to visiting Idea Zone, visitors can access MOSI exhibit galleries, including more than 450 hands-on exhibits. Admission also includes the IMAX Dome Theatre Film “To The Arctic” and the exhibition “Target America – Opening Eyes to the Damage Drugs Cause.”
MOSI is located at 4801 East Fowler Ave. in Tampa and will be open on $5 day from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
For more information, visit mosi.org.