Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
$5 champagne tasting
Posted Dec 26, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Wine enthusiasts looking to ring in the new year a little bit early may be interested in this cheap champagne tasting event.
On Friday, Dec. 28 from 4 – 8 p.m. you can indulge in sampling champagnes and other sparkling wines from France, Italy and California paired with cheeses and caviar at Whole Food Carrollwood.
For just a $5 donation you can sample over 25 pours and pairings.
The fundraising event is to provide gifts for needy Hillsborough Country children during the holidays.
Whole Food Carrollwood is located at 3802 Northdale Blvd., Tampa.