Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
When little MacKenzie Maher needed help, her dad found a way — with some divine inspiration
Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon said before Saturday’s game that he was looking for the afternoon to play out according to the team’s formula for winning: a good start by Matt Moore,...
Officially recognized by the Hillsborough County Commission for the first time, this year's GaYBOR Days events continue Sunday in Ybor City.
Family and friends of renowned Tampa storyteller Leland Hawes gathered for his memorial service Saturday morning, and this time, they were the ones sharing stories.
Posted Jan 7, 2010 by Gayle Guyardo
Updated Jan 7, 2010 at 11:10 AM
All Natural flea and tick spray
Posted Nov 3, 2009 by Gayle Guyardo
Updated Nov 3, 2009 at 08:08 AM
Mere’s At Last
Green Baby Nursery
Posted Oct 20, 2009 by Gayle Guyardo
Updated Oct 20, 2009 at 05:55 AM
María Elise Blanes
babyGREEN designs, LLC.
Chi Chi Amor - Eco-friendly Clothes
Posted Oct 3, 2009 by Leigh Spann
Updated Oct 3, 2009 at 09:51 PM
Chi Chi Amor is a kids clothing line started by two Bay Area moms. The clothes focus on eco-friendly standards like natural dyes and organic cottons. The natural dyes are made in Guatemala from plants like Aloe Vera and St. Johns Wort.
Danielle O’Connor and Shari Feldman are both anthropologists and not only see the green aspect of these clothes, but they also bring awareness to a weaving tradition that’s being lost in Central America.
The kids clothes and accessories are all made with repurposed huipils (a traditional Mayan woman’s shirt) or cortes (traditional skirts). Danielle and Shari go to the markets and buy these used articles of clothing, and from them, they have beautiful and comfortable kids clothes made.
To find out more about these clothes, click here.
The name ‘Chi Chi’ comes from the town in Guatemala where many of their producers are from: Chichicastenango. And, of course, ‘Amor’ means LOVE!
Ocean Solutions - All Natural Plant Nutrient
Posted Oct 1, 2009 by Gayle Guyardo
Updated Oct 1, 2009 at 05:23 AM