Cloe Cabrera is the fashion and beauty reporter for the Tampa Tribune, News Channel 8 and TBO.com. Watch her style segments Thursday mornings on News Channel 8 Today and follow her on Twitter at Hot Pursuits @CloeCabrera.
Most Recent Entries
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
- Elevage Pops-Up, Offers Taste Of Epicurean Hotel [Duck Duck Goose Burger Blows Minds]
- Where To Eat Outdoors Now That It’s Not 1,000 Degrees [East Hillsborough Edition]
- James Villas’ New Book ‘Southern Fried’ Should Be Battered, Eaten [Everything Crunchy Is Good]
- Prepping For A Pop-Up [Chad Johnson Turns SideBern’s Into Elevage For One Week]
- Putting The Wine [And Other Drinkables] Into The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- FishHawk Loses Park Square Cellar [Mary And Shawn Sarkisian Get Their Lives Back]
Women with not-so-petite feet can find fashionable shoes
Posted Sep 8, 2010 by Cloe Cabrera
Updated Sep 10, 2010 at 03:06 PM
I’ve worn a size 11 shoe since I was age 11. I know how hard it is to find shoes. I remember not being able to find shoes for my sixth grade graduation in a size 11. I wound up wearing a pair of not-so-attractive pair of orthopedic clodhoppers that looked like they were designed for a line cook. I learned at a very early age never to fall in love with the must-have shoe of the season because more likely than not, they cut-off is a size 10. I probably will never own a Manolo Blahnik’s.
Still, large fashionable shoes have come a long way.
Amy Tricoche-McFarlane opened Big and Elegant shoes in Town ‘N Country at 6752 Memorial Highway (813) 928-8609, because she was tired of wearing her grandmother’s shoes. McFarlane wears a 10 wide. She has an array of dressy pumps, sassy sandals, strappy stilletos and walking sandals for women with wide feet up to size 12.
You can also find stylish shoes online. Here are some of the websites I’ve seen that offer shoes in extended sizes. If I missed any, PLEASE shoot me an email so I can include it for all my big-footed sisters. Thanks!
American Eagle Outfitters at ae.com
zappos.com (one of my favs)
Tallchicksrule.com (one of my favorites)
The folks at Kohl’s also carry some big stylish shoes at Kohls.com.