The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
Weekend Tweats [The Tastiest, Briefest Words About Food In 140 Characters Or Less]
Posted Nov 4, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Nov 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Well, that was a supposedly fun week that I hope we never have again.
How about that Sandy, huh? Who invited her to ruin everything in her path?
Talk about leaving some Mets in the punchbowl.
Thankfully, we had some funny people doing non-funny things that helped others:
That Ben Stiller is such a nice boy.
Of course this doesn’t make up for the stench of that Focker Trilogy, but whatevs. It’s still nice.
Okay, I think we’ve been dutifully conscientious up in this here blog. Let’s get down to the funniest food tweets of the recent, not-so-distant past: