The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- Generation Food Truck Goes For Guinness World Record For Food Trucks In Tampa
- The Sip: Dawn Heidemann Represents Tampa in New York City At The ‘Bartending Olympics’
- Bill Walsh: Author, Copy Editor, Language Snob Who Finds Plenty Of Peeves On The Menu
- An Inconvenient Convenience Store Truth: Mom-And-Pop Shops Are More Fun
- Weekend Eats: Grouper Tacos, Deviled Eggs With Truffled Salt, Birch Beer Cupcakes
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
Weekend Tweats [The Tastiest, Briefest Words About Food In 140 Characters Or Less]Weekend Tweats [Th
Posted Oct 14, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Oct 14, 2012 at 06:57 PM
After a brief vacation, Weekend Tweats is back. Did you miss us? (You don’t have to answer that.)
Anyway, we’re back and chock full of funny. At least we think it’s funny.
First we start with the weirdest thing we sall (nod to you, nanny) all week:
Oh, Pringles. Stop trying to make fetch happen.
It’s like that old saying: When life hands you lemons, fill your leg with classic raspberry slushy drink.
I would totally do this. If only to hear what it sounded like when I walked on it again.
Okay, now to the week’s funniest food tweats.