The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
- Elevage Pops-Up, Offers Taste Of Epicurean Hotel [Duck Duck Goose Burger Blows Minds]
- Where To Eat Outdoors Now That It’s Not 1,000 Degrees [East Hillsborough Edition]
- James Villas’ New Book ‘Southern Fried’ Should Be Battered, Eaten [Everything Crunchy Is Good]
- Prepping For A Pop-Up [Chad Johnson Turns SideBern’s Into Elevage For One Week]
- Putting The Wine [And Other Drinkables] Into The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- FishHawk Loses Park Square Cellar [Mary And Shawn Sarkisian Get Their Lives Back]
- The Poor Porker Branches Out With New Ventures, Locations [Lakelandia Meets Portlandia]
- Chad Johnson Plans Elevage ‘Pop-Up’ At SideBern’s [Preview Flavors Of Epicurean Hotel]
Weekend Tweats [The Tastiest, Briefest Words About Food In 140 Characters Or Less]Weekend Tweats [Th
Posted Oct 14, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Oct 14, 2012 at 06:57 PM
After a brief vacation, Weekend Tweats is back. Did you miss us? (You don’t have to answer that.)
Anyway, we’re back and chock full of funny. At least we think it’s funny.
First we start with the weirdest thing we sall (nod to you, nanny) all week:
Oh, Pringles. Stop trying to make fetch happen.
It’s like that old saying: When life hands you lemons, fill your leg with classic raspberry slushy drink.
I would totally do this. If only to hear what it sounded like when I walked on it again.
Okay, now to the week’s funniest food tweats.