Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
USF St. Pete forms alumni society
Posted May 11, 2012 by Lindsay Peterson
Updated May 11, 2012 at 02:08 PM
A little more than five years after becoming separately accredited, USF St. Petersburg is taking another major step toward establishing a distinctive identity.
It’s created an alumni society.
More than 4,200 people have graduated from USFSP since it became accredited in December 2006.
USFSP spokesman Tom Scherberger says thousands more consider USFSP their primary campus, though most of them received their degrees from USF Tampa.
The new alumni group held its first meeting in February; about 35 people came.
It was a mixture of USFSP grads and USF Tampa grads who consider St. Pete their home campus, Scherberger said.
“They have one thing in common, regardless of whether their diplomas said USF or USFSP: They all love this campus and consider it their alma mater,” said Scherberger, who started at USFSP in February.
The next alumni meeting is at 6 p.m. on Wednesday in the Community Room at Harbor Hall (formerly the Dali Museum), 1000 Third Street S., St. Petersburg.
They’ll be electing officers.