The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
This Week’s Weekend Tweats [The Tastiest, Briefest Words About Food In 140 Characters Or Less]
Posted Aug 26, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Aug 26, 2012 at 09:17 AM
The funniest thing I saw all week is the funniest thing I will see all year.
If you have no interest in this book, I don’t think I care to know you.
How funny is it?
It’s so funny that it made me angry.
That’s how I know a piece of writing is good. If it is so brilliant that it angers me that I didn’t think to write it - even worse, if I think I never could - then I know it’s worth not only my money but my reading time.
Sample? Why certainly:
You don’t even need the full sentence to know how hilarious this word is. And dead on. I shall be dropping it into conversations at every chance. Including parent-teacher conferences.
In case I have not been more clear, go get this book when it comes out. Toot sweet.
Okay, the best food tweets of the week.
On your mark… GO!