The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- And Now, A Look Back At Year 2014 [Back To The Food Future]
- Behold This Year’s Crazy Florida State Fair Food [Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger, Step Aside]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 2 [And Some Of Your Favorite Flavors As Well ]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 1 [Thanks For The Calories]
- A Little Sumthin’ Sumthin’ Extra For Santa [Up On The Rooftop, Snack, Snack, Snack]
- Epicurean Hotel, One Week From Opening, Tantalizes With Details [Goat Cheese On The Mini-Bar]
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
This Week’s Weekend Tweats [The Tastiest, Briefest Words About Food In 140 Characters Or Less]
Posted Aug 26, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Aug 26, 2012 at 09:17 AM
The funniest thing I saw all week is the funniest thing I will see all year.
If you have no interest in this book, I don’t think I care to know you.
How funny is it?
It’s so funny that it made me angry.
That’s how I know a piece of writing is good. If it is so brilliant that it angers me that I didn’t think to write it - even worse, if I think I never could - then I know it’s worth not only my money but my reading time.
Sample? Why certainly:
You don’t even need the full sentence to know how hilarious this word is. And dead on. I shall be dropping it into conversations at every chance. Including parent-teacher conferences.
In case I have not been more clear, go get this book when it comes out. Toot sweet.
Okay, the best food tweets of the week.
On your mark… GO!