The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- And Now, A Look Back At Year 2014 [Back To The Food Future]
- Behold This Year’s Crazy Florida State Fair Food [Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger, Step Aside]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 2 [And Some Of Your Favorite Flavors As Well ]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 1 [Thanks For The Calories]
- A Little Sumthin’ Sumthin’ Extra For Santa [Up On The Rooftop, Snack, Snack, Snack]
- Epicurean Hotel, One Week From Opening, Tantalizes With Details [Goat Cheese On The Mini-Bar]
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
This Week’s Weekend Eats: Shrimp Tacos, Grilled Pork Belly and Octopus, Strawberry-Lemonade Cupcake
Posted Apr 15, 2013 by Jeff Houck
Updated Apr 15, 2013 at 02:58 PM
When it comes to holding the Weekend Eats contest on Twitter, some weeks are easier to judge than others.
This week, it’s like a buffet of awesome. It would be easier to pick which member of the Avengers you liked best.
With that being said, I am happy to announce three winners this week:
@OnceBittenBlog - Donuts from Donut King - Oreo, Half & half, Butterfinger, maple bacon, & red velvet
@Tiff_Griff - Gorgonzola Chips with Chives & Balsamic Glaze at @thesaltyfig.
@WholyCheesus - slow cooked BBQ ribs with house soy based BBQ sauce from @hashhouselv #Orlando.
See what I mean? How could one ever pick a best out of those three. Simply not possible.
What do they win for their efforts?
* “No Bake Makery” by Cristina Suarez Krumsick (For @OnceBittenBlog)
* “Ultimate Nachos” by Lee Frank and Rachel Anderson (For @Tiff_Griff)
If you think those were difficult, check out the rest of this week’s Gallery of Noms: