Most Recent Entries
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
- Elevage Pops-Up, Offers Taste Of Epicurean Hotel [Duck Duck Goose Burger Blows Minds]
- Where To Eat Outdoors Now That It’s Not 1,000 Degrees [East Hillsborough Edition]
- James Villas’ New Book ‘Southern Fried’ Should Be Battered, Eaten [Everything Crunchy Is Good]
- Prepping For A Pop-Up [Chad Johnson Turns SideBern’s Into Elevage For One Week]
- Putting The Wine [And Other Drinkables] Into The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- FishHawk Loses Park Square Cellar [Mary And Shawn Sarkisian Get Their Lives Back]
- The Poor Porker Branches Out With New Ventures, Locations [Lakelandia Meets Portlandia]
- Chad Johnson Plans Elevage ‘Pop-Up’ At SideBern’s [Preview Flavors Of Epicurean Hotel]
Think your tuition is high?
Posted Jun 15, 2012 by Lindsay Peterson
Updated Jun 17, 2012 at 08:46 AM
USF trustees approved an 11 percent tuition increase yesterday for in-state undergrads.
But what about everyone else?
Their costs aren’t going up as much, but they’re already paying their share.
- Out-of-state students will see an 8 percent increase in the fee that’s tacked on to their tuition, which will bring their annual bill up to $16,257.
- Florida grad students will be charged an additional 8 percent in tuition, for a total of $10,414, including fees.
- In-state grad students in business and engineering will have to pay even more, $11,277.
- Tuition and fees will jump to $20,603 for out-of-state grad students.
- Med students from outside Florida are getting sort of a break. Their tuition is rising by 8 percent but the out-of-state fee is going down 10 percent. The total: $54,951 a year.
- In-state med student tuition and fees will rise to $33,761.
You can check out the USF staff proposal here. Everything was approved yesterday.
The 11 percent in-state undergrad hike needs the approval of the state Board of Governors, which meets next week. You can find that agenda here.