The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- Generation Food Truck Goes For Guinness World Record For Food Trucks In Tampa
- The Sip: Dawn Heidemann Represents Tampa in New York City At The ‘Bartending Olympics’
- Bill Walsh: Author, Copy Editor, Language Snob Who Finds Plenty Of Peeves On The Menu
- An Inconvenient Convenience Store Truth: Mom-And-Pop Shops Are More Fun
- Weekend Eats: Grouper Tacos, Deviled Eggs With Truffled Salt, Birch Beer Cupcakes
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
The Refinery’s Chef, Servers Swap Places For A Night [Get In The Kitchen & Rattle Those Pots & Pans]
Posted Sep 23, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Sep 23, 2012 at 08:51 PM
Fun idea at The Refinery tomorrow night: Switch the award-winning chef Greg Baker to the dining room and switch the award-winning front-of-house staff to the kitchen.
Oh, and do it for charity. On their collective night off.
Consider supporting them, won’t you?