The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
Pheasant Ravioli, Tiramisu, Mango Bellini, Chocolate Chip Affrogato [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
Posted Aug 28, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Aug 28, 2012 at 08:31 AM
I don’t know what your week has been like.
Mine has been hectic. It’s just the way life is lately. When Republicans come en masse to your town, it tends to fill news pages and blogs. You may have noticed.
But what I need to tell you is this:
No matter what your week has been like, it would have been so much more pleasant if you had enjoyed the above plate of seared foie gras, fried rosemary waffles and bacon chutney by @ChefFonzo of K Restaurant in Orlando.
That dish was enjoyed by my Twitter pal @Droolius, who, I must say, is an absolute droolfest to follow on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Foodspotting and every other platform on the Interwebs.
This is his third Weekend Eats win. Which either means he’s eating well consistently or he is paying off the judge.
For enjoying that dish over the weekend and then sending it to me as part of my weekly Weekend Eats contest, @Droolius shall receive the following:
An advance copy of Ruth Bourdain‘s “Comfort Me With Offal.”
As I’ve said before, it’s the funniest book you’ll read all year.
It was not an easy week to judge such things. [CUE THE SELF-PITY.]
Disbelieve me at your own peril. Check out this week’s Gallery of Noms. (Click on each photo to see a description.)