The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
- Elevage Pops-Up, Offers Taste Of Epicurean Hotel [Duck Duck Goose Burger Blows Minds]
- Where To Eat Outdoors Now That It’s Not 1,000 Degrees [East Hillsborough Edition]
- James Villas’ New Book ‘Southern Fried’ Should Be Battered, Eaten [Everything Crunchy Is Good]
- Prepping For A Pop-Up [Chad Johnson Turns SideBern’s Into Elevage For One Week]
- Putting The Wine [And Other Drinkables] Into The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- FishHawk Loses Park Square Cellar [Mary And Shawn Sarkisian Get Their Lives Back]
Pheasant Ravioli, Tiramisu, Mango Bellini, Chocolate Chip Affrogato [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
Posted Aug 28, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Aug 28, 2012 at 08:31 AM
I don’t know what your week has been like.
Mine has been hectic. It’s just the way life is lately. When Republicans come en masse to your town, it tends to fill news pages and blogs. You may have noticed.
But what I need to tell you is this:
No matter what your week has been like, it would have been so much more pleasant if you had enjoyed the above plate of seared foie gras, fried rosemary waffles and bacon chutney by @ChefFonzo of K Restaurant in Orlando.
That dish was enjoyed by my Twitter pal @Droolius, who, I must say, is an absolute droolfest to follow on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Foodspotting and every other platform on the Interwebs.
This is his third Weekend Eats win. Which either means he’s eating well consistently or he is paying off the judge.
For enjoying that dish over the weekend and then sending it to me as part of my weekly Weekend Eats contest, @Droolius shall receive the following:
An advance copy of Ruth Bourdain‘s “Comfort Me With Offal.”
As I’ve said before, it’s the funniest book you’ll read all year.
It was not an easy week to judge such things. [CUE THE SELF-PITY.]
Disbelieve me at your own peril. Check out this week’s Gallery of Noms. (Click on each photo to see a description.)