Cloe Cabrera is the fashion and beauty reporter for the Tampa Tribune, News Channel 8 and TBO.com. Watch her style segments Thursday mornings on News Channel 8 Today and follow her on Twitter at Hot Pursuits @CloeCabrera.
Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
Kiss those unsightly big-girl panties goodbye!
Posted May 26, 2011 by Cloe Cabrera
Updated May 26, 2011 at 05:53 PM
Shapewear has long played a supporting role in fashion, smoothing thighs, eliminating bra bulge and putting a little less jiggle in your wiggle.
But an increasing number of designers are building the shapewear right into their clothes, so women no longer have to fear that passion-killing moment (a la “Bridget Jones”) when those ponderous panties are revealed.
Shani Grosz is the latest to offer control in her clothing designs. Her new line, called Nue by Shani (http://www.nuebyshani.com), offers casual and cocktail dresses designed to do away with the age-old question: Does this dress make me look fat?
“A woman doesn’t have to think about what kind of girdle to put on underneath, what kind of control-top hose. You just zip, you’re sucked in and you’re ready to go.”
Each dress contains a layer of compression fabric—with silicone to help hold it in place—that helps smooth lumps and bumps without making you look as if you’re wearing a scuba suit.
Very stylish! YOu can find the line at Dillard’s and Dillards.com.