Cloe Cabrera is the fashion and beauty reporter for the Tampa Tribune, News Channel 8 and TBO.com. Watch her style segments Thursday mornings on News Channel 8 Today and follow her on Twitter at Hot Pursuits @CloeCabrera.
Most Recent Entries
- And Now, A Look Back At Year 2014 [Back To The Food Future]
- Behold This Year’s Crazy Florida State Fair Food [Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger, Step Aside]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 2 [And Some Of Your Favorite Flavors As Well ]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 1 [Thanks For The Calories]
- A Little Sumthin’ Sumthin’ Extra For Santa [Up On The Rooftop, Snack, Snack, Snack]
- Epicurean Hotel, One Week From Opening, Tantalizes With Details [Goat Cheese On The Mini-Bar]
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
Kiss those unsightly big-girl panties goodbye!
Posted May 26, 2011 by Cloe Cabrera
Updated May 26, 2011 at 05:53 PM
Shapewear has long played a supporting role in fashion, smoothing thighs, eliminating bra bulge and putting a little less jiggle in your wiggle.
But an increasing number of designers are building the shapewear right into their clothes, so women no longer have to fear that passion-killing moment (a la “Bridget Jones”) when those ponderous panties are revealed.
Shani Grosz is the latest to offer control in her clothing designs. Her new line, called Nue by Shani (http://www.nuebyshani.com), offers casual and cocktail dresses designed to do away with the age-old question: Does this dress make me look fat?
“A woman doesn’t have to think about what kind of girdle to put on underneath, what kind of control-top hose. You just zip, you’re sucked in and you’re ready to go.”
Each dress contains a layer of compression fabric—with silicone to help hold it in place—that helps smooth lumps and bumps without making you look as if you’re wearing a scuba suit.
Very stylish! YOu can find the line at Dillard’s and Dillards.com.