Most Recent Entries
- Generation Food Truck Goes For Guinness World Record For Food Trucks In Tampa
- The Sip: Dawn Heidemann Represents Tampa in New York City At The ‘Bartending Olympics’
- Bill Walsh: Author, Copy Editor, Language Snob Who Finds Plenty Of Peeves On The Menu
- An Inconvenient Convenience Store Truth: Mom-And-Pop Shops Are More Fun
- Weekend Eats: Grouper Tacos, Deviled Eggs With Truffled Salt, Birch Beer Cupcakes
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
Ocean expert Hogarth to serve as interim USF St. Pete chancellor
Posted Jul 12, 2012 by Lindsay Peterson
Updated Jul 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM
With the departure of Margaret Sullivan, the former dean of USF’s College of Marine Science, William Hogarth, is taking over as chancellor of the University of South Florida St. Pete.
He’ll start on Aug. 6, while continuing as director of the Florida Institute of Oceanography, based at the marine science college near USF St. Pete’s campus.
Hogarth is also the former director of the National Marine Fisheries Service and served as chairman of the International Whaling Commission and the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas.
He’s “a respected administrator who has cultivated deep relationships within the community and who will keep USFSP moving forward on its path to excellence. He knows the institution and the community, he understands the USF System and he is committed to the success of our students,” said USF President Judy Genshaft when she announced her decision today.
You can read more here.
Frank Biafora, dean of USF St. Pete’s College of Arts and Sciences is leading the committee that will search for Sullivan’s replacement. He’ll work with national search firm R. William Funk & Associates.
Sullivan announced on June 25 that she was leaving the chancellor’s post to “pursue new adventures.”
She led the campus for three years and is credited with seeing it through a difficult time when its accreditation was in jeopardy.