Most Recent Entries
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
- Elevage Pops-Up, Offers Taste Of Epicurean Hotel [Duck Duck Goose Burger Blows Minds]
- Where To Eat Outdoors Now That It’s Not 1,000 Degrees [East Hillsborough Edition]
- James Villas’ New Book ‘Southern Fried’ Should Be Battered, Eaten [Everything Crunchy Is Good]
- Prepping For A Pop-Up [Chad Johnson Turns SideBern’s Into Elevage For One Week]
- Putting The Wine [And Other Drinkables] Into The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- FishHawk Loses Park Square Cellar [Mary And Shawn Sarkisian Get Their Lives Back]
Ocean expert Hogarth to serve as interim USF St. Pete chancellor
Posted Jul 12, 2012 by Lindsay Peterson
Updated Jul 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM
With the departure of Margaret Sullivan, the former dean of USF’s College of Marine Science, William Hogarth, is taking over as chancellor of the University of South Florida St. Pete.
He’ll start on Aug. 6, while continuing as director of the Florida Institute of Oceanography, based at the marine science college near USF St. Pete’s campus.
Hogarth is also the former director of the National Marine Fisheries Service and served as chairman of the International Whaling Commission and the International Commission for the Conservation of Atlantic Tunas.
He’s “a respected administrator who has cultivated deep relationships within the community and who will keep USFSP moving forward on its path to excellence. He knows the institution and the community, he understands the USF System and he is committed to the success of our students,” said USF President Judy Genshaft when she announced her decision today.
You can read more here.
Frank Biafora, dean of USF St. Pete’s College of Arts and Sciences is leading the committee that will search for Sullivan’s replacement. He’ll work with national search firm R. William Funk & Associates.
Sullivan announced on June 25 that she was leaving the chancellor’s post to “pursue new adventures.”
She led the campus for three years and is credited with seeing it through a difficult time when its accreditation was in jeopardy.