Most Recent Entries
- And Now, A Look Back At Year 2014 [Back To The Food Future]
- Behold This Year’s Crazy Florida State Fair Food [Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger, Step Aside]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 2 [And Some Of Your Favorite Flavors As Well ]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 1 [Thanks For The Calories]
- A Little Sumthin’ Sumthin’ Extra For Santa [Up On The Rooftop, Snack, Snack, Snack]
- Epicurean Hotel, One Week From Opening, Tantalizes With Details [Goat Cheese On The Mini-Bar]
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
Hillsborough hosts Career & College Fest
Posted Oct 7, 2011 by Sherri Ackerman
Updated Oct 7, 2011 at 11:47 AM
Graduations aren’t the only school events happening at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
On Tuesday, Oct. 11, Hillsborough County middle and high school students and their families are invited to come out for the fifth annual Career & College Fest.
Public school students are welcome early in the day, with high school students invited 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and middle school students at 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.
Anyone in the community can attend from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
The event is inside the entertainment hall. Admission and parking are free.
Representatives from colleges, technical schools and other postsecondary programs, and businesses and industries will be available to talk with families.
For more information, go to the district’s site or call (813) 231-1860.