Cloe Cabrera is the fashion and beauty reporter for the Tampa Tribune, News Channel 8 and TBO.com. Watch her style segments Thursday mornings on News Channel 8 Today and follow her on Twitter at Hot Pursuits @CloeCabrera.
Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
Borba hand lotion is good to the last dollop
Posted Jul 13, 2009 by Cloe Cabrera
Updated Jul 13, 2009 at 05:55 PM
You know the frustration - you’re trying to get that last little ddollop of lotion from the tube. You squeeze and squeeze and nothing! Not to mention, money wasted.
But here’s a beauty tip of the week. And it works.
I cut about two-thirds of the bottom off the tube. It’s easy to reach your finger inside and scopp out the last remants of lotion. And the cut off portion can be squeezed to fit over the other half of the tube so it doesn’t dry out.
I tried this trick with Borba’s hand lotion. This lotion is so amazing, I just had to get the last drop out. I work with paper on a regular basis, so my hands and nails feel like Brillo pads.
Borba’s Advanced Aging Flawless Tone Hand Creme with SPF 25 keeps them soft and supple without being greasy. And it has an SPF of 25, so it protects your hands from the signs of aging.
It’s $45 for a 1.7 oz tube (I know it’s a bit pricey), but I can do without a few iced coffees this month to my hands on another tube. You can find it on Borba.com, QVC and QVC.com