Cloe Cabrera is the fashion and beauty reporter for the Tampa Tribune, News Channel 8 and TBO.com. Watch her style segments Thursday mornings on News Channel 8 Today and follow her on Twitter at Hot Pursuits @CloeCabrera.
Most Recent Entries
- And Now, A Look Back At Year 2014 [Back To The Food Future]
- Behold This Year’s Crazy Florida State Fair Food [Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger, Step Aside]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 2 [And Some Of Your Favorite Flavors As Well ]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 1 [Thanks For The Calories]
- A Little Sumthin’ Sumthin’ Extra For Santa [Up On The Rooftop, Snack, Snack, Snack]
- Epicurean Hotel, One Week From Opening, Tantalizes With Details [Goat Cheese On The Mini-Bar]
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
Borba hand lotion is good to the last dollop
Posted Jul 13, 2009 by Cloe Cabrera
Updated Jul 13, 2009 at 05:55 PM
You know the frustration - you’re trying to get that last little ddollop of lotion from the tube. You squeeze and squeeze and nothing! Not to mention, money wasted.
But here’s a beauty tip of the week. And it works.
I cut about two-thirds of the bottom off the tube. It’s easy to reach your finger inside and scopp out the last remants of lotion. And the cut off portion can be squeezed to fit over the other half of the tube so it doesn’t dry out.
I tried this trick with Borba’s hand lotion. This lotion is so amazing, I just had to get the last drop out. I work with paper on a regular basis, so my hands and nails feel like Brillo pads.
Borba’s Advanced Aging Flawless Tone Hand Creme with SPF 25 keeps them soft and supple without being greasy. And it has an SPF of 25, so it protects your hands from the signs of aging.
It’s $45 for a 1.7 oz tube (I know it’s a bit pricey), but I can do without a few iced coffees this month to my hands on another tube. You can find it on Borba.com, QVC and QVC.com