The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
- Elevage Pops-Up, Offers Taste Of Epicurean Hotel [Duck Duck Goose Burger Blows Minds]
- Where To Eat Outdoors Now That It’s Not 1,000 Degrees [East Hillsborough Edition]
- James Villas’ New Book ‘Southern Fried’ Should Be Battered, Eaten [Everything Crunchy Is Good]
- Prepping For A Pop-Up [Chad Johnson Turns SideBern’s Into Elevage For One Week]
- Putting The Wine [And Other Drinkables] Into The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- FishHawk Loses Park Square Cellar [Mary And Shawn Sarkisian Get Their Lives Back]
Ghetto Burger, Prime Rib, Blueberry Scones, Kobe-Wrapped Buratta [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
Posted Jun 12, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Jun 12, 2012 at 01:14 PM
You know how it is.
You’re hungry. You haven’t had lunch. And then you see something massively delicious on your computer screen.
Like that photo up above, the winner of this week’s Weekend Eats contest.
Julius Mayo, better known by his Twitter handle @Droolius (one of the all-time great food names, for the record) snapped a photo of that bad boy above. Even better, he enjoyed the bowl of Japanese Tonkotsu Ramen with pork belly during a chewing tour through Atlanta when he went to at Umaido in Atlanta
What can I say? I’m a sucker for a floating egg. And noodles. And pork. And delicious food.
For that, Droolius takes home a copy of “Top Chef” competitor Angelo Sosa‘s new book “Flavor Exposed; 100 Global Recipes from Sweet to Salty, Earthy to Spicy.”
His photo also takes its place in the Weekend Eats Hall of Fame on Pinterest.
Others chimed in with their favorite eats:
@SaintPetersblog - In DC, @MichelleTodd and I enjoyed a fiesta for lunch at Jose Andres’ Oyamel. Such diversity of flavors
@flmnca - Veal Scalloppini, the best! - Vizcaya Rest./ Gumbo soup and Seafood Pasta- Conch Republic
@ckarlo - Seared scallops with ginger sauce served over jasmine rice in my dining room.
I know, right?
If you think that’s something, dig the Gallery of Noms from this week’s roster of great food: