The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
Cookie Nookie, Asparagus Tart, Cheesy Corn Casserole [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
Posted Jan 7, 2013 by Jeff Houck
Updated Jan 7, 2013 at 04:27 PM
That was my thought when I first saw the the OMG Prime House Burger at Boca Kitchen Market in Hyde Park. It was ordered by Matt Schuck‘s wife. (Follow him on Twitter at @matt_schuck.)
I was instantly medium-rare with envy. I swear I had phantom beef juices running down my chin just by looking at it.
And for that, he wins this week’s Weekend Eats contest.
How best to reward such excellence?
With a book about pie.
What do I think about a year of pies?
I think it’s my kind of year. The recipe for Blueberry Refrigerator Pie had me clawing at the page.
Her burger now joins the Weekend Eats Hall of Fame on Pinterest. It’s quite an esteemed collection of calories and cholesterol, bless its heart.
Other submissions this week for Weekend Eats included:
@ihearttampa - Ty’s Two Fister @Datz4Foodies Fab!
@terrysimpson: Sous Vide eggs and baked beans
Here’s this week’s Gallery of Noms. I am not responsible for triggering your hunger pangs: