The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
- Elevage Pops-Up, Offers Taste Of Epicurean Hotel [Duck Duck Goose Burger Blows Minds]
- Where To Eat Outdoors Now That It’s Not 1,000 Degrees [East Hillsborough Edition]
- James Villas’ New Book ‘Southern Fried’ Should Be Battered, Eaten [Everything Crunchy Is Good]
- Prepping For A Pop-Up [Chad Johnson Turns SideBern’s Into Elevage For One Week]
- Putting The Wine [And Other Drinkables] Into The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- FishHawk Loses Park Square Cellar [Mary And Shawn Sarkisian Get Their Lives Back]
Cookie Nookie, Asparagus Tart, Cheesy Corn Casserole [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
Posted Jan 7, 2013 by Jeff Houck
Updated Jan 7, 2013 at 04:27 PM
That was my thought when I first saw the the OMG Prime House Burger at Boca Kitchen Market in Hyde Park. It was ordered by Matt Schuck‘s wife. (Follow him on Twitter at @matt_schuck.)
I was instantly medium-rare with envy. I swear I had phantom beef juices running down my chin just by looking at it.
And for that, he wins this week’s Weekend Eats contest.
How best to reward such excellence?
With a book about pie.
What do I think about a year of pies?
I think it’s my kind of year. The recipe for Blueberry Refrigerator Pie had me clawing at the page.
Her burger now joins the Weekend Eats Hall of Fame on Pinterest. It’s quite an esteemed collection of calories and cholesterol, bless its heart.
Other submissions this week for Weekend Eats included:
@ihearttampa - Ty’s Two Fister @Datz4Foodies Fab!
@terrysimpson: Sous Vide eggs and baked beans
Here’s this week’s Gallery of Noms. I am not responsible for triggering your hunger pangs: