Most Recent Entries
- And Now, A Look Back At Year 2014 [Back To The Food Future]
- Behold This Year’s Crazy Florida State Fair Food [Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger, Step Aside]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 2 [And Some Of Your Favorite Flavors As Well ]
- The Best Things I Ate In 2013, Part 1 [Thanks For The Calories]
- A Little Sumthin’ Sumthin’ Extra For Santa [Up On The Rooftop, Snack, Snack, Snack]
- Epicurean Hotel, One Week From Opening, Tantalizes With Details [Goat Cheese On The Mini-Bar]
- A Word Or Two About Great Bar Food [And The Golden Snacky Award Goes To…]
- This Haiku Contest/Is All About The Fruitcake/Get To Writing, Stat! [Guess Who’s Judging?]
- Five Edible Christmas Gifts To Buy For Friends and Loved Ones [Black Friday Comes Just Once A Year]
- Giving Thanks For Alternatives To Thanksgiving [Turkey, Shmurkey.]
- Taking A Bite Of The Pillsbury Bake-Off [Fear And Baking In Las Vegas]
- Sea Urchin Crostini, Tiger Beef Salad And Faked Alaska [This Week’s Weekend Eats]
- A Way To Eat Kale For People Who Hate Kale [Chef John Besh Cooks From The Heart]
- The Sip: 3 Daughters Brewing Comes To Live [Pumpkin Tap, Carmel Cafe Cocktails, Great Sips]
- Remembering Marcella Hazan [The Most Important Ingredient]
2 Hillsborough schools named by College Board as SpringBoard National Demonstration Schools
Posted Jul 15, 2011 by Sherri Ackerman
Updated Jul 15, 2011 at 02:44 PM
The College Board has named two Hillsborough County schools as SpringBoard National Demonstration Schools for the next two school years.
Strawberry Crest High and Martinez Middle schools each will receive a $10,000 credit for professional development services, registration and recognition at College Board events.
They’ll also get a customized school banner and plague and be included in SpringBoard research and reports.
SpringBoard was created by the College Board, the company known for the SAT test and Advanced Placement courses and tests.
The program uses engaging, fun activities to improve critical thinking skills and promises to prepare more students for Advanced Placement and college-level classes.
Hillsborough’s two schools were among 14 named in four states: Florida, Colorado, New Mexico and Washington.
In Florida, the other schools are: Pine Ridge Middle School in Collier County, Mater Academy Charter Middle/High School in Miami-Dade County, and Boynton Beach High and Santaluces Community High schools in Palm Beach County.