The Tampa Tribune’s food writer since 2005, Jeff Houck covers the way people live through their food. He also hosts the Table Conversations food podcast and believes that everything crunchy is good.
Most Recent Entries
- Join The Plate Licker’s Club; Leave No Morsel Behind
- Greg And Michelle Baker To Follow The Refinery In Seminole Heights With Fodder & Shine
- Weekend Eats: Homemade Moussaka, French Fries With Cheese Gravy, Meatball Banh Mi Sandwiches
- The Sip: Drinking In ‘The Great Gatsby’ With Martinis And Mint Julep.
- Mouth Safari: The Stein & Vine Brings Great Eats, Outstanding Drinks To Valrico
- Weekend Eats: Pork Tonkotsu Ramen, Spicy Chicken And Waffles, Oysters With Crispy Shallots
- The Underbelly Tour Devours Central Avenue Restaurants In St. Petersburg
- Hot Rod’s BBQ In Lutz Serves Up It’s Last Plate Of Barbecue Fruit Bat. Or Whatever It Was.
- Hank Shaw - Hunter, Gardener, Fisherman, Cook - Wins A James Beard Award
- Gary and Amy Moran Out At Wimauma Restaurant In South Tampa
- This Is Tampa Style. This Is Who We Are. Take It And Eat It.
- Weekend Eats: Snickers Flapjack, Thai Donuts, Sushi On The Beach
- The Sip: The Best That A Very Thirsty Tampa Has To Drink
- Rooster & The Till; Seminole Heights To Get New Restaurant
- Weekend Eats: Nutella Latte, Foie Gras Wagyu Burger, Rootini
30 Entirely Rational, Unemotional Reactions On Tumblr To The Hostess Bankruptcy [Twinkies Forever]
Posted Nov 18, 2012 by Jeff Houck
Updated Nov 18, 2012 at 09:51 AM
The magnificent ways in which my fellow United States of Americans react to seismic shifts in the cultural landscape never fail to make me proud.
Exxxspecially when they do so in the face of something so inconsequential that a bug hitting a windshield makes more of an impact.
This phenomenon was in full bloom this week with the announcement that Hostess was declaring bankruptcy.
The resulting death of Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Sno Balls and Donettes struck all of us hard, but no one more than the level-headed folks who make Tumblr their home for all human emotions.
Here now is a small sampling of their soul-stirring outpouring of love for the newly departed snackstuffs: